Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introduction

My name is Abigail Talley, but I prefer to be called "Abby." I am from San Antonio, Texas, and have one sibling, an older sister named Samantha. I also have a 13-year-old dachshund named Gretchen, who is a vital part of our family. Gretchen might be the only dachshund in the world who not only gets a daily walk, but also a daily ride in the car!
When I am not acting as my dog's chaffeur, I enjoy acting, dancing, shopping, and watching horror movies. I attended ballet classes for thirteen years, and was a cheerleader for two years. Additionally, I have learned to play the violin, guitar, and piano (though not particularly well.) I also love to do volunteer work. My three favorite volunteer experiences so far have been working in the Recovery room of a hospital, walking dogs for the Humane Society, and mentoring.
Though I love horror movies, I can not stand to watch any that involve clowns. My secret fact is that my biggest fear is clowns. I think this might be due to the fact that I watched the movie "It" at a very young age.
I do not possess any particulary special computer skills, but I have become comfortable with making graphs in Excel, and with Microsoft Word. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about these and other programs during the course!
Abigail.Talley@trinity.edu

4 comments:

  1. Your dog sounds really adorable, and I know what it feels like to serve as a chaffeur to a dog although not nearly as often. I enjoy watching horror movies, as well. I've never seen "It", but my friend would tell me absolutley terrifying stories about it when I was 10. I also worked at the Humane Society in Houston and found it a lot of fun. I wanted to adopt every animal I came across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Abby! I completely understand your fear of clowns, they are terrifying. It is very sweet of you to drive your dogs around, I am that they appreciate it. I do a lot of community service as well, most of mine is with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation but I have friends who have worked for the humane society. Judging from your blog, I just have a feeling we are going to be the greatest of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clowns! I never understood them either - I enjoyed your post and look forward to working with you this semester, Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog was the hardest to find, but by far the best looking.
    ...And I didn't know anyone else from san antonio came to this school.
    -Nick

    ReplyDelete